Happy New Year! Can you believe it is already the third day of the year! If you live in any where in the North East, you are probably snowed in like us. Once you shovel the walks, and make a snow couple together, it’s the perfect day to start dreaming about how you can make the year AMAZING together!
Grab a cozy blanket and get warm by the fire.
Before you can start dreaming BIG, it is important to know what inspires you and your spouse and to give yourself permission to dream some of the most wild and crazy dreams about life you’ve had since you were a child.
When we were kids we all had crazy big imaginations. Dreaming of being an astronaut, the next Michael Jordan, or a Fighter Pilot (aka Naval Aviator like Tom Cruise in Top Gun), all seemed possible. In order to truly dream big it’s time to dust off your child-like imagination where there are no rules.
The following questions and prompts are meant to do just that. Let your heart run free, the more you explore your imagination now, the BIGGER your dreams will be together:
- What did you dream about being when you were a kid?
- In your day to day life, list 5 things that make you happy?
- In your ideal life, describe the following things in one sentence: Family, Marriage, Home, Job, Health
- What do you want your legacy to be?
Like last time, take some time to answer the above questions individually, then share your answers with your significant other. Then together, start by asking yourselves:
“When we said ‘I do,’ what did we dream our marriage would look like right now?”
It’s time to dream BIG! Here is your box:
Now think outside of it!!!
“To Live your best life now, you must start looking at life through eyes of faith, seeing yourself rising to new levels. See your business taking off. See your marriage restored. See your family prospering. see your dreams coming to pass. You must conceive it and believe it is possible if you ever hope to experience it.” – Joel Osteen
Take a few moments to review your answers from the Part 1 worksheet and from step 1 above, then take as much time as you need to complete the questions below. (Individually first and then together.)
- If there were no excuses (ie money, time, etc) what would you do each day?
- List 3 things you will accomplish this year.
- If you could change one thing about your life this year to bring you more happiness, what would it be?
- 2014 is a blank canvas, on a blank page (or in the provide worksheet) write and draw what it will look like.
Once you’ve completed the above questions, answer the following:
Our Biggest Wildest Craziest Dream Together for 2014: We will travel the U.S. and the world telling and documenting couples stories to inspire others to live a more AMAZING Life Together. We will use our talents as photographers and story tellers to share true authentic glimpses of love and show that stories of love triumphing in marriage do exist. We will spread love one image, story, and couple at a time and start a movement of couples striving to live a more amazing life together. And as a result we will be featured on the Today Show! :) If you don’t say it out load, it won’t actually happen right? :)
Now it’s time to get focused. With your BIG dreams in mind, write out additional dreams for the categories written below. And because we all have our own unique dreams for life and relationships, use as many blank pages as you need, to create your own dream categories. Individually take a minimum of 15 minutes and answer the following questions before joining together to share your dreams with each other.
- Write or draw out your dreams for your marriage/relationship using the following starting categories: Communication, Quality Time, SEX!
- Write or draw out your dreams and goals for your career and finances using the following starting categories: Career/Job, Savings & Debt
- Write or draw out your personal dreams for the following categories: Health, Family & Friends, Gratitude & Giving, Hobbies
- Write or draw out any other dreams you have, a few additional areas to think about: Travel, Home, Parenting….
Once you have gotten all of your dreams out there, there is just one other statement we want you to consider completing as a couple:
Congratulations you’ve made it through Part 2 of our #DreamTogether14 guide! Join us next week for Part 3 where we will look at how to prioritize your dreams, support and encourage each other to accomplish those dreams, and how to take action to start turning your dreams together into a reality.
But before we finish, we’d love to know, what are some of your dreams for 2014? Leave your dreams in the comments below.